Search our site

What can I expect at the first appointment?

At the first appointment you will be asked to complete registration and financial paperwork before you see the counselor. This should take about 30 minutes. Then the counselor will come out to the waiting room and greet you and your child. For the next 1-2 hours, the counselor will gather information about family and social history, but also spend much time discussing what brought you to Family Solutions and the kind of help you are looking for. At the end of the first appointment, the counselor will recommend the programs and services that seem to best fit your child. Working together, a treatment plan will be developed and a follow up appointment made before you leave.

Can I complete my paperwork to streamline time in registration?

Yes. You may print and complete the registration form or complete a fill-in form. Please provide the completed form to the receptionist at the time of your appointment or fax to our Intake Department, (937) 376-8793.

Will I be able to meet with the therapist alone sometimes to talk about my child's progress?

Absolutely! Here at Family Solutions Center, family is at the heart of all we do. We strongly encourage parents and/or guardians to spend some time alone with the therapist to discuss their child’s progress and any concerns you may have. Often times, family situations and problems shouldn’t be discussed in front of young children, therefore time alone with the therapist is very important. Our therapists will gladly meet with you for a brief time alone at the beginning and/or end of the session to allow you one/one time with the counselor . If for some reason you cannot attend your child’s appointment, our therapists have confidential voicemail so you may leave a message and they will call you back prior to your child’s appointment.

What are FSC's hours of operation? Do you offer evening or weekend hours?

Monday through Friday - 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Saturday by appointment only, please call to inquire about availability.

We are in a custody dispute. Will the therapist be able to tell the court where my child should live?

Our clinical staff will not make recommendations about custody or visitation, but rather provide ongoing support and treatment if your child is struggling with divorce or separation. 


I’m not sure my child needs therapy. Is there anyone I can just consult with to see if I should bring him in?

Yes. As parents, it can often be difficult to determine what is “normal” child development and what could be a problem. You have several options:

Contact Family Solutions to speak with the Director of Youth Services or the Clinical Director.
Schedule a diagnostic assessment to determine if mental health and/or substance abuse treatment may be needed.
If this is a crisis situation and you need immediate attention, please call the TCN crisis line, 24 hours a day at 937-376-8701.

People keep telling me my child needs medication to help with behavior issues, but I really don’t want to. I want my child to receive counseling. Is this ok?

Absolutely! As a parent and/or guardian, you have the right and duty to actively participate in your child’s treatment and determine what you feel is the best intervention for your child. At FSC, we strongly believe in counseling and when medication is recommended by our Child Psychiatrists, regular counseling is a MUST. Often times, children just have counseling at FSC and are not involved in other programs or services. Your child’s Individual Service Plan will be specifically tailored to your child’s needs.

I don’t have insurance. Can I afford treatment?

At your initial appointment, a FSC financial support representative will assist you to develop a clear understanding of how your services will be paid. FSC accepts all major insurers and Medicaid. If you are uninsured and a resident of Greene County, FSC offers a subsidy to assist residents in paying for services. The subsidy provided by the Greene County levy continues to allow us to support families with behaviorial health. You will be asked to complete a financial survey which will help us determine – based on income and family size – the amount of co-pay you will be responsible for. Please be prepared to make a payment of at least $20.00 for your first session.

Will my child's care at FSC be kept confidential?

Yes. Beyond our adherence to the many State of Ohio and Federal HIPAA regulations, FSC values confidentiality and client care above all. Each FSC staff member, from our receptionist to the CEO, is trained on an annual basis about the principles of confidentiality. We will not release any information about your care without your consent. Click here to see a full listing of our Notice of Privacy Practices.

Do you provide telephone accessibility for hearing impaired?

Yes. The Ohio Relay Service (ORS) provides full telephone accessibility to people who are deaf, deaf-blind, hard-of-hearing or speech-disabled. ORS is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, with no restrictions on the number of calls placed or on their length.

How to Place an ORS Call: 

Dial (800) 750-0750.
Please have the telephone number that you wish to call ready in advance.
If you would like to use a Communications Assistant (CA) of the same gender, make that request when the CA answers your call.
Then give the phone number you are calling to the CA.
Voice users should speak clearly and at a moderate speed.
Direct your conversation to the party you are calling as if the CA were not present.

Please note: The CA is required to relay everything that you type or speak and will also relay all background noises. For example, a dog barking or people speaking in the background will be relayed.) 

Cant Find what you are looking for? 

Click Here and we would be happy to help answer any questions you may have.